Thread: Mylène Farmer
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 01:02 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
No, it was real. While she was on the horse next to me, I kept staring at her because she was, on the one hand, very attractive and on the other the "girl next door." I was wondering why a young woman would jump up next to a perfect stranger who was much older, bald headed with a pot belly. She couldn't be flirting and she had to pay to get on the merry-go-round, so what was the reason? I think my staring made her uncomfortable, and we couldn't really talk, so she left. I have never taken an intense interest in any pop star before, and now wonder if that incident is why I have become so fixated on Alizee. It kills me that I didn't know her, and it amazes me what an impact those few minutes have made on my life.

I had a similar experience when I was driving a taxi in Chicago. As a rule drivers didn't like passengers sitting in the front seat because there were so many robberies. In the back seat we were separated by a shield. The doormen at the big hotels understood this and would put customers' luggage on the front seat and the passengers in the back. One day at the Palmer House the doorman opened the front door and a man jumped in. He leaned forward and stuck his face in mine, and said, "Hi, hows things going." It was Eddie Fisher. This was shortly after he had broken up with Liz Taylor. I think he just wanted a fan to go crazy over meeting him, and I think Alizee wanted something similar on the merry-go-round.

On the day we met Alizee in New York, my son was making movies of our trip, but he didn't tape the merry-go-round. The incident happened so fast we didn't think to take photos, and I've been kicking myself ever after. I was so close and yet so far away.

I've been trying to figure out who the older woman was with Alizee. It definitely was not MF, and I didn't think it was Alizee's mother because the woman was a little heavier set than photos I have seen of her mother when Alizee won the airplane contest. Now, I'm not so sure. Maybe it was her mother. This was a few years after the airplane contest and she could have put
on weight.
You didn't really describe the other people who were on the ride. I'm guessing they were younger than you. I'll bet Alizée might have been looking at the ride, wanting to get on, but maybe being a little reluctant because of the older person with her. Then she probably saw you and your sister who were older and thought well if they can ride, I certainly can ride and again you two being a little older, she probably felt safer getting on, near the two of you.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 07-07-2017 at 10:59 PM..