View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Unhappy More votes needed - or more fans needed?

I wish I had more time to bang the drum and get many more people to vote in this poll, some of whose choices assume a visit here by Alizée herself! Are there so few Alizée fans reading AAm, living in the central eastern part of North America, and thus perhaps able to attend a live show she gave there?

A year ago in Paris, the AAm Open Letter pleaded for Alizée to "cross the pond" and visit us, while our emissary offered the optimistic boast that AAm numbers over 2,000 souls.

Yes, I'm glad the management took up my suggestion to e-mail the 2,000 "legacy" AAm registrants for the Christmas shopping season. Not surprisingly, Internet traffic to Alizée's online store did show a surge during that season (more on this soon?), and I hope our gentle sales effort made it a little bigger than it otherwise would have been.

But if Alizée is to earn money from in-person appearances, where is the evidence that it is not too problematic to do that in America?

Thus my mind returns to the notion of financially sponsoring Alizée projects non-quid-pro-quo, and investigating the new technological opportunity of a chaperoned audience which is geographically distributed widely. The CD market is pretty much a goner and PAID "honor system" digital downloads are not picking up the slack.