View Single Post
Old 10-21-2020, 04:36 PM
MMA Teen who was thunderstruck by Alizée

Kajue is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Some of us older members had discussed the future of AAm in the past, and we know that it falls into the hands of younger fans. We have a few threads that we started on updating our site and the features that members would like to see, and the younger members mentioned all the modern features seen on different social media platforms.

But here is the (potential) problem. Most, if not all, of those younger members from those threads are no longer involved on the forum. Maybe they are still Alizee fans and just follow her on IG and FB, maybe they just moved on altogether. So if AAm moves to another platform such as Discord, ownership and/or administration should be given to multiple members, if possible.

That being said, I have never used or seen Discord, but I will check it out. For those that have used it, is there a way to control membership to a community? Can a community be moderated and memberships revoked?

If you go back to the early years of this forum and read some of the threads, there are threads that got hostile at times and the conversation went off in some unpleasant directions. There is enough unpleasantness in the world already and I would not like our community to go down that route.

Now I will ask the question, why would we want to move to Discord besides that AAm crashed for a few days?

Will it attract more new members, and how?
Like what Fall said, I personally do not advocate an abandoning of this site either, too much history, a Alizée Discord server would not be able to replace it. Especially cause Discord does not have threads.

However, I believe a Discord branch off could play a very key role in attracting the younger generation to become fans, and organize events, among other things in the future. A significant number of the younger generation use Discord, many use it to for certain communities, some others for gaming, and others for pure communication.

As for the question about moderation on a server. Discord does allow the owner of the sever to assign "roles" (which you can custom name) to different people. This will allow some members to be Administrators, Moderators, and etc.
As a admin or mod, you will be able too delete messages, images, add new sub-sections of the server, and even BAN users from the server if they ever get too hostile or inappropriate.

And as for the question of attracting new fans to the forum, that can be organized too. There are many ways to advertise Discord servers, and the people on discord are usually decently tech savvy. So I've been playing around with an idea. (It may seem ridiculous, so bare with me everyone)

I know there is still a general incentive on this forum to promote Alizée here in the US, as well as wish that Alizée should've been marketed more here in the US. Although it may seem pretty much hopeless at this point, I think a Discord server could be a major factor in making this happen.

If enough of the fanbase were to join the server I believe we could be able to organize pretty large campaigns targeting a US audience. Discord is primarily a messaging app, which you can access through the computer as a site, and through your phone as an app. You get instant notifications, just like giant sized SMS group chat. I think this could provide us the "Ease of Communication" which a forum doesn't really provide, to work on big collaborations and campaigns.

We could use the Discord to organize, maybe a crowdfund internationally (Patreon, GoFundMe, etc.) in order to be able to have the funds to promote Alizée, and the forum on the various social media sites (using targeted niche Facebook Ads, Instagram Promos, etc.) and for the Funds to be able to keep THIS site going, as well as money to go into making new improvements to the site itself.

IDK, I'm just being a idealistic youth. But hey, if there's a will, there is a way I guess.

Last edited by Kajue; 10-21-2020 at 05:34 PM..