View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 03:14 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Corsican Cutie View Post
Actually,that's not even remotely funny! Was it funny when she was singing las isla bonita? That "song" you're referring to is nothing but sexual innuendo,and is VULGAR! I've heard it only once,and it was one time to many!
Okay, it's vulgar. That's you.
Ask Alizée ifshe likes it or not, she might or might not. She's got her own opinion, you're not her opinion. Understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Corsican Cutie
NO - it isn't! The meaning is perfectly clear! It's not up to you to decide what another person likes,or dislikes,or what meaning a song written by someone else is! I'm not here to fight,but there are a lot of stupid comments on here that don't promote either Alizee',or any website like this with " What do you think is her favourite colour?" These are only suppositions,or assumptions rather,and are off topic. I iunderstand what sarcasm is,but a lot of this is just silly! Keep those comments in an off-topic thread,and not a general discussion thread like this one. You are most certainly entitled to your opinion,but I'm not going to" go back to the state where I came from" because your uncomfortable with my comments! There's no fabrication there - mate! I happen to have a little more information than a lot of you here think you do. I won't share it,as most of it is confidential,and entrusted not to be shared with the rest of the world. I'll share what I can,and forget the rest.
Obviously you're here to argue a bit against the way this forum is handled.
Before your little tail traveled along we did fine, we lived in harmony, unlike other forums who've had rebellions and straight out bash wars.

These so called "stupid comments" are every individual forum member's form of self-expression, it's how I, we, identify them from the rest. Do you expect everyone here to be sheep posting something like "Oh my god beautiful Alizee hair" on every post on a thread to discuss that?
NO! We've got Ruro busting out his chops, Ben providing insight, Wasabi showing his new bug bite, etc.
It's the interesting little tidbits of this site that makes it fun and interesting, you're trying to tell us that we should run each thread like an Iron Curtain.
So what if it goes off-topic, it goes off-topic for a reason, there's nothing else to discuss. You expect 5000 pages on a thread discussing what's Alizée's favorite song?
You're being incoherent, and i'm sorry to say it.
I tell you go back to your previous state not because i'm uncomfrotable with your comments, but that you're being uncomfortable with ours, eh?

There are suppositions and assumptions because nobody can prevent them from being said. Suppositions, Assumptions, Opinions, and Guesses are part of the human psyche. IF you look full well into history, you best not supress that.

Okay so you've got information, get this, I don't give a fuck.
I don't need information, i'm fine perfectly where I am, just a passive fan.
Now the fact you're using that as an argumentative tool says your desperate to win a war of words.
Get this: There are a lot of people here with information also..

Quote:
This is the only thing that really offended me,except some bullshit that "rocket" said about how she met Alizee which I know for a fact isn't true. "My humps" isn't about "female empowerment",as the title is self explantory. Music is only a subjective view to a point. There is no reason to defend trashy songs,or music - no matter what genre it is! The blackeyed sleaze would never be missed if they fell off the face of the earth! There are also a few dozen others that could do the same,and no one would miss them for a single second!
Rocket happens to be a great member by the way, because she has a sense of humor, ever heard of it?
She might not have met Alizée, but that was a "joke", unless your little irises didn't catch that fact.

Yes "My Humps" isn't an empowerment of the female form, it is a sleazy song, but you know why it was written? Because it was written to sell.
It may not be a good song, and that I can agree, I despise mainstream, but the thing is that it sold.
You've got an elitist view on music, almost tyrannical, of course I accept, that is what you've got going on in your mentality, that the sleazy songs should die, that the writers of such sleazy songs are not given one care about.

Unfortunately in TODAY'S world, which you live in, i'm sorry to say:
Those sleazy artists are the ones every half-assed retard loves, and i'm not so sorry to say that there are a lot of half-assed retards. Today's youth will be pissing their pants more over Lady Gaga's death rather than if Jason Becker were to drop dead right now.

Quote:
Just because you sing about spreading your legs,that doesn't empower females,or femininity(I hope I spelled that right),but rather positive role models,and upright attitudes towards females,not sex objects! I think my english is good enough that all can understand what I'm saying. I shouldn't have to defend myself here against any opposition. I adore Alizee,and anyone thinking that it's funny that she sing another ones' song - isn't really helping further her cause any,and makes it hard for me to take this site seriously. It's difficult enough to get any of my friends interested in Alizee,and jokes make it even more so. Most of this stuff here is off-topic musically,and just assumptions about her in general,and I don't understand why this site keeps going when there is nothing that can be considered information on her -except when a song is on a website,or when a new album is released.
Covering songs is fun.
When you're an artist of decent fame you'd want to cover your favorite artist's songs every now and then, as a tribute, because you love that song.
Hell performing a cover song is more fun than performing your own song, and that I know all too well.

Don't take this site seriously then, seriously, if you don't like it, the way it's run, it's content, go to the many other Alizée forums out there.
YOU are not held here by your hands, there are other places, go to it, see if they float your boat.
Difficult to get your friends into Alizée? Join the rest of the party over there (points to the rest of the fucking forum*)

This site keeps going because of the off-topic and the assumptions.
If there was nothing to talk about but during her musical activeness, this would be a pretty fucking dead forum.
If you haven't noticed, she likes her breaks, and she likes them long.
With all the interesting things this forum holds you get to really see how people are, and you may even make a new friend along the way, ever try that?

You expect Alizée to be an artist that just has something new everyday, well she's one of those artists that doesn't have something new everyday. Most of the year it's just waiting, anticipating, boredom in the halls. She isn't communicating, she isn't promoting her shit every day, and we can't cover it.
If she did, this place would at least have more active members, because she's taking the time to get MORE FANS, and therefore with such promotions, we can have more discussions relevant to the ones you OH so LOVE!

So once again. I state.
Have a nice day, hope your life goes on well.