View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Оле Оле

alizeefan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
Thanks for your interesting replies, I would answer to them but I am afraid I would use the same arguments over and over and repeat myself.
If someone thinks she chose a big company like Sony to produce and launch her album, and the target was to get low sales and no chance of concerts and keep her low profile, then we have very different views about her career.
You're definitely not reading me correctly and don't get me wrong there it's obviously mostly my wind bag fault in poor writing skills including drifting thoughts from yourself and others replies throughout this forum . Most of my reply below will be repetitious . While Sony , Alizee et al may wish the best for sales and some concerts I've no doubt they know where things in terms of projected sales/concerts are before the offer was made and if otherwise wouldn't be very intelligent or still in business . Most of below will be reading into your thoughts a bit so forgive me for that or stop reading now .

Feel free to pound it in my head and point out my obvious mistakes , many times we must repeat what we say in differing ways of saying it so it is more clearly understood as you aren't in my minds thoughts nor am i in yours . I'd love to hear an argument to change my mind but i have yet to see that on most points . This is not to say i'm that stubborn to ignore all your comments . So Don't Fear the Reaper here , all though if it were a waste of time and you didn't feel i'm listening you simply wouldn't be replying . I just don't think most fans are seeing it from her shoes in the essence of how success is measured in career is and where this topic has gone .

Nah I don't think she has a choice so to speak as you mentioned above and I did agree , while I think she has some choice as in to accept one offer or another or choose to not accept at all . She like any of us in her " to make fun of those who say it - too expensive , too large a collection " shoes chooses the most lucrative choice and actually gets to choose now what shoes to wear . .

Its like the attitude we see so often here and not that you've said this but - of oh poor Alizee she is signed with Sony ( gee how bad a career she has ) and not aligned with MF anymore boo hoo . . Seems like success to me even when we want to converse on success in terms of releasing albums and the numbers . . Career success to me and i'd guess her is simply getting paid to work . Un-successful would be like she made an album but no one wants to sign her to be on and release it from a major label . Even if that was the case where she wanted to be on a major label to get paid big and she couldn't get signed by a Sony type so did it herself in the garage i'd see it as a successful in the essence of only now even when not considering the past to her career over all sucess .

Also not saying she or anyone likes the facts of less career success , less live concerts , album sales etc and so on . . We'd all even i , if you think otherwise would love to see a lil bit more at the very least . Heck who wouldn't want another concert dvd or better to say fan videos made and therein i mean as some mentioned a lil show at a club not some sold out 2000 seater multi cam , multi show merged into one pro shot dvd . . Us and them would all prefer to see more there , again the topic and as i see it career isn't about stats and numbers alone to say that is better being less than more .

As for low profile - surely this isn't the intention or want of anyone - but how can you think i was saying that was the intentions ?

On that note the better less there is , for instance i noticed today Karin posted at A-Life she did another fan meeting at a shopping mall -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M71WT2SRDxU -

this seems to me in the want to turn this topic into does she prefer and enjoy her career of the less over the more . . Compare how many autograph sessions and fans she got to genuinely take some time to meet to the highest times of success to now . . . Back in the day for instance she probably didn't even have time to enjoy the less , wether that be to sit on a beach , autograph more relaxed and not all " ON " so to speak playing this superstar roll ( dressed in what they tell her to dress with the hairstyle they choose for her ) , shopping for shoes and clothes to post pics on the sites , fish , cook , eat seafood with grandma , hang out with her family . . and so on . Just because the fans and company would prefer to see her @$$ hanging out singing controversial topic songs to sell more , earn more doesn't equate to success in my terms of a career . Don't read any of that as me saying its your thoughts again im going on an over all society views basis to career success . While yes one could argue the vast amounts of autographs and fans she did meet in the days of high career success had to be more so how could one ever imagine the less is now compared to the more of then , when all it is is a bunch of pics shoved in your face sign sign sign did she really enjoy that more than the less of more in the now ?

See at this point she can more enjoy the success of the past as well the success of now wether any of us see it as a current success in terms of money earned or not that is up to her mind never ours or cooked up and probably a scam to pocket more than we see - Sony numbers . Most fans here seem to be under the impression of oh my this poor girl look how much a failure her career is now without considering it isn't all about success of album sales , money earned for her and Sony and only monies of now , after all she still probably has a lot of the monies from then to enjoy more now even if it is less cash due to what she spent . Anyway again that and perhaps my fault there for not explaining better the meaning of this topic which i know they all tend to wander around on the various details within . . Of which i'm happy to discuss and why i roll things around in my head to take into consideration then reply on a broader view to the points brought to my attention .

The less is more again comes from my view of i really enjoy seeing ALOT more vids , pics ( in the essence of herself posting instagram , twitter , the fan meets and them posting materials , not Sony music videos , dvd , cd etc , even if there still are music vids , albums etc ) of not only US enjoying the lesser hectic lifestyle from her but she seems to be having a ball too . . After all an album is an album , a vid is a vid and she is still making them . Sorry if i keep repeating myself but it's hard to keep up with who read what , what they took in and how they interpret such .

When you consider career from her standpoint as this topic seems to keep going back to by myself/us, you have to add the past with the now because her life and career doesn't just live in the now and indeed encompasses the now and then . So going back to less is more from my or our standpoint it sure seems like a lot more people are getting to meet her now in the " less " than then of the as we may tend to see it " more " .

I believe the feelings of enthusiasm , nostalgia , initial thrills from her past herein people overlook so much more than i can ever write or those care to consider . As a matter of fact i wouldn't even have come back here to post all this garbled mess due to enjoying the lesser career success in comparison to the heart felt nostalgiac views expressed of the past or wanton of high sales numbers and career success as measured by Sony music corporation and thus sold and bought right up by most of society .

Back in the day you had like little chance to get to one of these fan meetings due to the fact not only were there fewer as far as i can tell but to get tickets back then was some lottery of luck . Now its like wow i could actually meet her and have time to say something i've always wanted to say -
( allooooooo Alizee America ) not be rushed in and rushed out . Don't take that as me being naïve to be saying she didn't also acknowledge AAM back in the day but to me there again less is indeed more in terms of career success in an enjoyment for her/me which to me is more a success than money and Sony greed .

To go back and mention what someone brought up above , to me anyway her view of the last meeting i posted - ooo look at the cute baby , he says something funny she laughs , they take a pic , he strollers away slowly seems to be way more relaxed and enjoyable to her and my views in career success comparison to ooo look some fanatic put a cool tat of me on his back , sign , pic - rushed out for the next in the vast long line of people most of whom never made it to the table . . Put it like this , say the tat dude never met her back then and had showed it to her at this recent signing , instead of it being a few seconds , perhaps after the signing they would have hung out to talk about tats and so on became friends and ended up getting married lol . . Yes silly exaggeration but that's how i make some points . .

No one is even considering all those disappointed people who stood in line all day at the Mexico dealio they only see some i got to meet her show my tat and make a video of it . I am in no way taking away from that really cool tattoo moment it is indeed a fav of mine and we all know she LOVEs tats but perhaps you get my drift how i see it anyway is better now in the less being more and not measuring it solely by success in numbers and stats . Her maturity as well us the fanatics - to me - less is more .

In no way am i saying i wouldn't like as most all prefer her to be this most worlds famous , sold out world tours yadda yadda yadda . Hey if that is really what she wanted and how it was all the power to the notion - In retrospect of the reality of how things are - i'll give you a couple examples - say there was no Madonna and Alizee was her of that fame level , locked away , not able to walk the streets without security and paparazzi , even her kids being stalked - moving to another country like Russia to get away from that , then the jaded lifestyle of such fame . . Is that really a successful career when we don't just take into consideration silly meaningless sales numbers and live concerts produced for that very thing ?

Another example take my favorite singer from my avatar pic here - Ассоль , most have never heard of her nor will ever . At one time long ago i felt the same as many here express of Alizee and wish she was this world famous singer highly successful selling music . This came from my own greed of wanting MORE MORE MORE - videos , concerts etc . Due to family money and success she has 100s of millions and could do whatever she wants musically to be Madonna like in fame . . Yet she does not and when you consider the why's and what would entail such a lifestyle again i prefer the less is so much more a successful career to me and i can tell you she would agree . Success in terms of numbers , career as most fans may see it and stats is such a small part of the whole in a less is more notion . If Alizee had been a Madonna for instance - think of all the absolute garbage and mess that goes along with that she would have released which in my mind would be much inferior quality to the less is more due to this want by Sony or whoever to cash in while the irons hot . Would many of us devoted fans even still be fans if Alizee was a " career " success of the Madonna Britney etc and so on ? I think not . . . Sure she would have MORE fans and MORE money and MORE everything so again less is more for me . I do sure love Madonna and like a lot of her career , i love Alizee a lot more and love ALL of her career . If Alizee was Madonna like or even 1/2 - 1/3rd that fame - career success in numbers - i'd probably not LOVE all of it and she'd be to me alike a Madonna where i don't love it all and only some . So again and sorry to repeat ( NOT ) - less career success to me is so much more , that which i can't even express enough - repetitively because you see my friend most of those replies above and feelings expressed at this forum just don't get it , probably never will . No offense meant at all there to each his own in terms of career success and I thank you all for your replies as without them I wouldn't have most of these thoughts to repeat .

I'll add one more thing -
Lets say Alizee was here to ask the question - is your career a success regardless of sales numbers and live concerts or are you disappointed with how things are ? In my mind she would first think how can anyone even feel my career isn't successful . . . Then she would answer yes I feel success regardless of performing live , I don't really want to do a world tour as I did in the past because I have a kid now and sales numbers really don't matter to me i'm having as much fun now if not more than my most successful times .

Then ask yourself if you were her the same question what would be the answer ?