View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 02:19 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
PC is only good if you can afford and/or have a decent build rig.
I prefer quadcores, as my noobpwning partner Jung can agree to.
Depends on which Quad Core you get. Intel's Dual Core 45nm 3.0 GHZ Wolfdale will rape some of the Quad Cores that costs twice as much. Most games only take advantage of Two Cores because it is harder to allocate resources in Quad Core when making games. I think PC's are the Ultimate Gaming Platform not only they have better graphics but the mouse and the keyboard is the best in terms of accuracy and efficiency. But I still like consoles. I think they are good for fighting games but that just because game developers who make fighting games don't make it for the PC's, so it's not actually PC's fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Even got an AAm Warhammer group together preparing to launch this coming Friday.
Yeah I saw that. Unfortunately I don't have the game. I am not into MMORPG's, mostly play shooters and racing games. But maybe in the future I may give that a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post

for the Mac from like 1993 (yes I still use it every now and then)
Doom 2
Warcraft (original)
Sim City 2000
Warlords
Battle Chess
Pool of Radiance
Curse of the Azure Bonds
Secret of the Silver Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edcognito View Post

PC days (286's, 386's, 486's, Pentiums...)

Civilization
Master of Orion
Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe
Hunt for Red October
Castle Wofenstien (can't remember the name of the original FPS ...)
Wing Commander (I - VI)
Civ & MOO II, III and IV...
It's nice to see people play games from back in the day. Some of my fondest memories were playing Raptor: Call of the Shadows, Rise of the Triad, Wolfenstien 3D, Blake Stone, Hocus Pocus, One Must Fall, Duke Nukem II & 3D, the original Quake. Those were the days!

As for the original Wolfenstein FPS, I think you meant Wolfenstein 3D, which I believe was the very first FPS in the world to come out from the guys at ID Software.