View Single Post
Old 12-09-2006, 11:19 PM
Platinum Member

rwd716 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seapaddler View Post
All I wanted to say is the community as a whole is in a Download and Share mentality at the moment, I wanted to point out we need to make sure we snap out of it when she comes back and get into a buying mode and extend that mindset to the people we introduce her to.
It's the anxiety of waiting for her new CD that is causing this. We have all fallen in love with Lili, and have waited so long for more. I feel that if Lili can finally overcome all the bs that's holding her down and turn another album, we really need to support her by buying. Seapaddler and RMJ are calling to us, her strong and devoted fans, to take the high ground and not upload and share her music. I know how bad that would make me feel if Lili never gets the opportunity to do another album because of the massive filesharing.

This is our chance to actually support Lili in actions and not just with words that are adding to our post counts. It's a fact that probably 90% of us came to know Lili through the internet, and because of that we are already slighly more inclined to dl her music.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HibyPrime View Post
Again: I'm not saying don't buy the CD, I'm saying don't buy the CD to support the artist.
And I'm saying, "Why not?" Why wouldn't you want to support Lili? She's proven to me already that I like her as an artist. There are just some artists that I buy their CD's regardless because I'm a FAN!

Normally, I could really give a shit about downloading music, because it doesn't even effect an artist like Eminem or 50 Cent. But when you have an artist that's teetering on the fence because the record companies don't know if they have the fanbase, shame on us if we aren't doing anything we, her "real" fans, can to push her on the right side of the fence.

When her new album comes out, it's guaranteed that there will be tv spots and promo vids which where meant to be "shown to the world." So right there we don't need to dl just to "check it out" All RMJ, Seapaddler, and I (as well as others) are asking is that we don't take any steps that would hurt her future career.