View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 09:14 AM
Κάτσε Καλά!

garçoncanadien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJ View Post
Anais posted article from

2008-02-06 - Est Republicain

I practically never stopped since my start in 2000, at 15 years old, Alizee confides.

Alizee after Mylene Farmer

Return after three years of absence for a lolita, freed from her cumbersome model, and who has grown up a lot.

Can we talk about a new story that is starting?

Seven years have passed since my start with "Moi, Lolita". I have learned a lot with Mylene Farmer and Laurent Boutonnat and now I am trying to keep it going at my humble level. They were very perfectionist with everything and I tried to be the same way with this album. I am not a musician, so I went to look for composers that touched me through their creativity. To unite them posed a challenge because they come from different worlds.

Some time has passed since this recording and the last one!

When I stopped my tour in 2004, I practically had not stopped since my start in 2000 at the age of 15. Everything has gone by without stopping because some songs have gone abroad. And then, I really needed to take a break, to rest myself. I took time for myself, to spend time with my family, without forgetting to reflect on what happened.

Family
Between 15 and 20 years of age, a person becomes totally different.

We grow up above all! I have the impression, with this realisation, that I am not doing something totally opposite to what I did before. I am not here blonde, with super long hair, with jeans and a tee shirt. Everything is continuous and musically, it stays as tangy pop that is quite simply more demanding, with collaborations that move the project forward. So, effectively, I have evolved.

How did the separation between you and Mylene Farmer happen?

It was a bit like when we are 18 years old and we always live with our parents. We want to discover other things, meet other people and thats what happened. I explained myself to my producers, and they understood me very well. We separated on very, very good terms. I thanked them and I continue to do that because I am here thanks to them. They have allowed me to start a career selling millions of discs.

Lets stay in the family. Your husband Jeremy Chatelain has worked a lot on this album...

With others. The word "family" can be used because he is my husband. But there is no difference between him and the other collaborators: Frederic Lo, Oxmo Puccino, Daniel Darc, etc. He wasn't one level above the others. Everybody brought their real personalities to it.

A people show has seen in "Idealiser" a song that settles the score with Mylene Farmer!

Its definitely not about her. Jean Fauque is a man of immense experience. When we are friends, he tells numerous anecdotes, from nine at night to 5am the next day. "Idealiser" refers to a young woman he knew in the 80s, who wasn't doing well and who comitted suicide.

Article by Jean-Paul GERMONVILLE