Thread: Behavior
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 03:21 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Well MA, the fact that you are concerned about it tells me you are a good person... Much better than I am. Maybe we expect too much that other people behave the way we want them to? Do you make 'rules' for yourself of the best way things should be done and then get frustrated when you can't convince others of how good your methods are? I am curious to know if that happens to you, because it does to me.
I don't get frustrated when I can't convince others of my methods. I rarely bother much about how anyone else is doing something. I may have opinion about it, but unless they specifically ask me, I don't interfere.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
Well MA, I can only speak of my experience here on this forum, but you have been one of the nicest and easiest people to work with. You are smart, rational, thoughtful, and very capable and reliable. I consider myself fortunate to know you, even if it is only within the context of this forum.
Thank you Lefty, I guess many other people think so, but that has never been issue.

One of my senior guy at work told me that I'm way too soft spoken.

Here is what I read on wikipedia about passive aggressive behavior

Quote:
Passive-aggressive behavior is the indirect expression of hostility, such as through procrastination, stubbornness, sullen behavior, or deliberate or repeated failure to accomplish requested tasks for which one is (often explicitly) responsible.
Like I said earlier, I do get angry like everyone else. But I'm rarely able to express that in front of a person. Most of the time I fail to react instantly. But then cooling off period is long and my expression of disappointment is indirect. Earlier I used to think that no one realizes it, but now I know almost everyone knows that I'm not happy with my sudden behavior change.

I'll give an example. In 2014, I asked a friend for help and she refused citing a very stupid reason. Instead of directly telling her that it was not good on her part, I just ignored although I was not happy at all.

Then few weeks later I helped her during college project and when she got appreciation from her teacher, she was very excited, she called me and told me about. While she was very joyous and was explaining everything, I just ok and disconnected the call. She was surprised that I was so cold at that time.

I guess I have been doing this quite regularly now.

The incident which I mentioned in OP happened when I almost ruined a friend's birthday with my cold behavior just because I didn't like something earlier and carried on disappointment till that day. That's when I was labelled as passive aggressive guy

Last edited by Merci Alizée; 02-07-2016 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts