View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 12:36 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile To happier days

Thanks for all the thoughtful remarks you guys have offered. So far, the voting is very split, with three comparable blocks - acquiesce, advertise and mobilize.

I'm very grateful to that gentleman who leads us, Ben, who tells us he will attend the New York City show. I look forward to hearing his report. I wonder if one is allowed to demurely shoot video there. Perhaps Chateau Marmont might appreciate receiving a bit of footage which they can exclusively edit and then publish to their advantage.

For the sake of readers new to Alizée, I provide the material immediately below for background.

When asked about them (Chateau Marmont?) last year in the March 10, 2010 issue of BRAIN MAGAZINE (ALIZÉE – Une Fille Dans Le Vent (A Girl In The Wind)), she said
They all four have different personalities. They complement each other. And they are super good melodists. After all is said and done, they may be known to most as musicians and producers of music but in melodies, they are really strong, in fact it is they who made my first single. I believe they have a great career ahead. I think people will ask them for a lot of titles and not just from the industry side, but also the popular side. I hope so, because they deserve it.
The single mentioned was (the teaser for) Limelight from Une enfant du siècle, Alizée's fourth studio album.

As also noted by Alizée South Africa,, a year ago tomorrow Chateau Marmont had the pleasure of tweeting that Alizée was then briefly the number ONE search term on Yahoo France.

Of course the bad news is that Wikipedia reports that the estimated total sales for UEdS has only been about 20,000 units. Lyrics from Limelight itself recount how hard the struggle for success can be -
I don't know where I'm going.
Looking for the limelight - bright

In passing I will observe that when the play version of the fable Peter Pan is staged, it has been traditional to depict the character Tinkerbell (Alizée's self-described mascot) with a spotlight, which stage effect was first created (generations ago) using a limelight. Limelight was also the name of Alizée's short-lived virtual radio station hosted by Goom in 2010.

It would seem that poor Alizée's good-luck fairy Tinkerbell has been kidnapped, bound and gagged, and locked into a closet - perhaps by an evil twin named Stinkerbell!

I wish Chateau Marmont a successful tour and hope their sometimes-partner Alizée sees happier days soon as well. As encouragement to Alizée, I will remind her of the career of the famous late American actress Katherine Hepburn, whom I once comically took pains NOT to meet, as related in a story at AAm here.

After a number of films, Hepburn had become so unpopular that she was called "box-office poison" and everyone thought her showbiz career was over. But she persevered and came back stronger than ever, ending her long and distinguished career as the most celebrated American film actress of the entire 20th century.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-15-2011 at 12:49 AM.. Reason: mend typo