View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 03:16 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Your thinking what I've been thinking for a while. Alizée is trying to be someone she isn't and failing miserably at it. The very first dance on DALS, that was who she was. You look at her today ten months later and she has changed a lot.

Good or Bad I don't know but she isn't the same person she was last year at this time.

She has changed. She has a lot more confidence than she has a year ago. And, much more important, she has come out of her shell. Her participation in DALS, then the initiation of her relationship, then winning DALS, then going on and winning the Tour, have made her stop doubting herself the way she was doing a year ago. She has left the past behind.

Unfortunately, none of that can save her from a non-stellar album, or making poor choices.

It's Pascal's fault she went blonde. If he had not written that song, and if she had not then decided to go for it (remember that she did say that she had wanted to try being a blonde), then the album would have possibly been very different (who knows what other choices she would have made differently).

They all gambled that the album would be a good one. It isn't (at least not in the eyes of the purchasing public in France). They counted on her fame, plus the good album to fill seats. They didn't.

I have already speculated as to why they cancelled all the concerts instead of just some so I won't repeat it. Some fans got hurt by the decision (for that I am very sorry), but I still think that it was the right one.

She wants to be in show business for the long haul. Her voice alone won't get and keep her there, but the combination of all her talents plus her personality can.

Last edited by Rev; 09-14-2014 at 03:27 AM..