Thread: Mylène Farmer
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 12:56 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

After finding out about Alizee, I was deeply interested in checking out MF's music. I thought that this is the woman who wrote the songs and LB was the guy who created the music for the woman who changed my life, so I very much wanted to hear her songs.

I enjoy her songs, but certainly not in the same way as I enjoy Alizee's. I think I would enjoy them a lot more if I understood what she was saying. Such is not the case with Alizee.

As I've said in the past, I have a huge amount of respect for her and LB. For me, without them, there never would have been an Alizee.

I've also said she uses sex to sell. She even designed her own sex toy. then wrote a song about it. But she certainly doesn't need sex to sell. One video that shows that is when I was first checking her out, was this one of the song Desenchantee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-8qqABgo4

A very good song and a very good video in my opinion.

Songs like Toc de mac, L'e-mail a des ailes, Tempete, Coeur deja pris (which I think is probably her most beautiful song) and so many more are great evidence that she does not need sex to sell.

She and LB are incredibly talented. A lot of that talent came from the college they both attended, but to achieve the level of success they have reached, a lot of that talent had to come naturally.

One thing that she is very good at that Alizee is incredibly lacking in is how to put on a good show. Now there are some big differences between the two when it comes to putting on a good show. Mylene certainly isn't a bad looking woman, but she doesn't have the beauty of Alizee, so a lot of what is entertaining on stage is what goes on with the other people on stage with her and in that regard, it's a good show. Now Alizee, and I have to be careful here, certainly was an incredibly beautiful woman. It didn't matter what was on stage. All you wanted to look at was her. Now she's certainly far different from what she looked like 10 years ago, but when packaged right, she is still all you want to look at on stage, but of late, she's never been packaged right and the show around her is very lacking.

Some question whether a return to MF and LB would meet with success. I have no doubt it would. With the album Blonde, we see good songs, good music, but we haven't seen one good performance because that one area she's lacking in, which MF excels in, is killing her.