View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 07:55 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post
Today I got En Concert, but I couldn't watch it, if anyone is interested on helping me out, click here please .

Heh, funny that you mention it , cause in the row in front of me there was a group of young girls wearing black (and yellow?) uniforms, "Calgary STRIKERS" was written on the back of the uniforms.
I'm not really into the CSL , but I do know most of the teams involved on it. Amazing that you could actually play for a pro-team without any contract or registration .
I think i was under some sort of short term contract? I had to sign something before i played anyway (for insurance and what not). At the time i think Calgary were semi pro i.e. they had some professional players and some semi professionals. It was a long time ago but i enjoyed it. The people i was staying with arranged it all, one of them had something to do with the management of the Calgary Strikers.
Funnily enough it brought back a lot of memories. I actually found a Edmonton shirt today (i knew i still had it somewhere). I 'found' it in the changing room and brought it home with me.
I'm thinking of putting it on eBay. The old CSL shirts have got to be worth something now i would imagine?
I also ran the Calgary Marathon. Now that was a toughie. I lost a lot of weight because it was just so hot.

Last edited by Junkmale; 05-19-2009 at 08:06 PM.. Reason: sp