View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 05:41 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Linda Ronstadt was one of my all time favorits. Different Drum with the Stone Ponies was one I really liked. Another great one was Desperado performed with the Eagles

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8v...esperado_music

It's very interesting to hear about how much work it took to keep in vocal shape. I would have never imagined that. I thought for someone like her with such a very strong and beautiful voice, that it would have come naturally. Makes me wonder how great Alizee's voice would sound if she put as much work into it?

A couple of years ago we had a very similar off topic discussion about her voice. Her performance of La vie par procuration was brought up in this discussion too. Now this discussion was getting to the point of every hiss and pop in a song, new or old was being microanalyzed and I thought it was getting to be overly critical of her and I see the potential for the same thing happening here.

Soon after she got that rash of tattoos on her arm during the production of 5, I was highly critical of her. I know people didn't want to hear me ranting all the time so I created a thread where I could vent. My feelings about her tats haven't changed, but knowing that thread is there relieved my frustrations of keeping my feelings bottled up.

Now with this earlier off topic conversation turned into what I thought to be a bashing of her voice, I asked that a seperate thread be created for this subject where they could say what ever they wanted to, but this was too much to ask of one of our members and he chose to leave the forum.

So if someone wants to see what was said during that discussion, feel free to go to that thread. The only problem is, it was an off topic discussion which makes it difficult to find, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Again if members want to disect her voice or her performances, feel free to do so and say what ever you'd like to say, but please create a seperate thread for it.