View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 04:34 AM
Corrupt mods? No way!

HelixSix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwise View Post
*ahem* If you can't express your celebrity crush to your partner without fear of him/her being offended, then please leave that relationship. All my female friends know my celeb crushes and are fine with it because they know it's just that. A crush. Just as they have celeb crushes.
I never mentioned anything about a celebrity crush, you did. I never mentioned he or her being offended, you did. Not at any point did I refer to female friends, you did.

Quote:
Also, I do not know what females you are hanging around, but I do not know any who stop eating, go get plastic surgery, & cry themselves to sleep at night because they are not to the standards of somebody that society determined to be the ideal woman.
I never said anything about society's standards of what an ideal woman is. I was talking about when a girlfriend thinks you are comparing her to a very beautiful girl.

Quote:
That statement is quite sexist because you are making a generalization that women are oh-so emotionally weak and constantly seeking for the approval of society while men are just comfortable with who they are & don't need to really impress people.
I never said women are emotionally weak, you made that up. I made the point that they are more prone to go further to lessen the gap between them and a woman like Alizée, and that the approval is in the context of a relationship, not in society. And once again I did not even imply that men are comfortable with who they are, or that they don't need to impress people. You are the one libeling what I say.

Quote:
So basically, I find your comments to be highly offensive towards myself and my female friends who are a wonderful group of people that I dearly love & care about. Oh yeah, and it's very offensive towards my mother (and my best friend's mother, who I consider my second mom), who I love dearly. More than any other woman on this planet.
I made my post and you decided to change almost everything I said then took those straight up lies and turned them on your friends and family. You say I'm making generalizations about society when I'm talking specifically about girls in relationships and how they can compare themselves to a beautiful woman (especially if their guy introduces the beautiful woman to her) whether the guy is making the comparison or not.. But you try to translate that into an insult towards your friends and family...that's you talking and creating your own problem, not me.

You mention "female friends" quite often while I never mentioned them once. I was talking about girlfriends, you chose to twist what I said. You also chose to come at me and take things personally that I never said. I want you to go look up libel, slander and defame.

By the way, biological make up does contribute to how men and women react mentally and emotionally. We are different, far more than just the structure of our bodies. And that's proven. So go ahead and twist more things I said, but if you are actually going against proven scientific data I'll drop the book on you.