View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 11:10 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Awesome Brad! Thanks for posting it!

SAD Commentary Show Notes:
  • • The sound quality isn't so hot on this one. Apparently there was something a little off with my mic, which I didn't realize until after I started editing. Mea culpa.
  • • This week's panel: Ruroshen, Roman, Natrii, Lowbeam.
  • • Joining us in the chatroom but without mics: JimmyDean23, JR, Tomtentp, Jung
  • • Everyone decides to announce where they're from this week...except Ruro, who is either in the witness protection program, or simply embarrassed to be the only Canadian
  • • Roman mentions that Jerémy also made an appearance on SAD--potentially on the same episode as Alizée's second appearance--but I've looked high and low and damned if I can find a link to it. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
  • • Lowbeam makes a touching, heartfelt tribute to Roman
  • • Despite having watched the episode dozens of times, Ruro still can't remember Julia's name, and keeps referring to her as "the little girl".
  • • We quite hypocritically comment on Julia being stunned into silence by Lili, despite being stunned into silence quite a bit ourselves throughout. Oops.
  • • 13 year-olds Ruro and Lowbeam would have been too shy to dance with Lili, but teen lothario Roman would have been right in the mix! (Natrii is wisely silent on the subject.)
  • • Between episodes, Ruro reveals that he digs Alizée not for her looks, not for her voice, but because she's "a good person". (Yes, it's as corny as it sounds. Mock him.)
  • • Roman would like to borrow the Wayback Machine to retroactively correct some translations...but we are eternally grateful to the fans who provided them nonetheless
  • • All are in agreement that Flavie gots it goin' on. (TP wishes she'd bloody well pay attention, though!)
  • • The "letter from Jessica" we keep referring to, in which she gives a first-hand account of her SAD experience, can be found here, courtesy of Scruffydog777
  • • Just how freaked out was Jessica's little brother Alex? Undeniable photographic evidence here, again thanks to Scruffydog!
  • • Ruro commits the ultimate heresy during the performance of JPVA. Amazingly, nobody breaks out the torches and pitchforks. Jung unilaterally decides that Ruro is actually correct, thus defusing what could have been a very tense moment.
  • • The "Bearmageddon" photo Natrii posted for us is this one here. ("Bearmageddon" itself being a reference to the En Concert Commentary Track!)
  • • This being Alizée America, we round out the episode by going off on a tangent about Lili's Tinkerbell tattoo. The ironic piece of fan art that Roman references is this one here by JAMK!

Thanks again to everyone who participated. Hope y'all enjoy it!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 03-21-2009 at 11:17 AM.. Reason: Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!