View Single Post
Old 12-28-2016, 02:56 PM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road
Default Reality check part deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The only thing that can truly put a stop to this down ward spiral to parts of her career that truly interest and entertain us is Alizee and I have to be honest, I don't see that happening.

Exactly and that's a realistic approach to take as far as Alizee's career is concerned. Unless she has plans to pay for her own recording sessions and release the results online as paid-for downloads of digital files (mp3's, aac's, etc), I presume her recording career is at an end.

The point is: half the current members of the Hub are what you might call "former fans of Alizee" but truth be told, they grab what Alizee is posted but have developed other interests. To make it very clear if I haven't already, that attitude from a few more of you is what is needed to keep the Hub going.

Unlike other places, I have not attempted to turn the Hub into a profit center for myself by accepting online advertising or web links that many times contain malware. I've kept the site a "pure" fan site by not doing that. You, I and Ray are Americans and our lovely "Copyright Police" are very specific
about that: any attempt to generate income makes the site no longer qualify as a "fan site" potentially exempt from intellectual property issues. I've taken that very seriously: no hot links, no ad banners, no fees for "deluxe membership" no requests for "donations," it all comes out of my own pocket and has for over a decade... and let's face it: I am hardly what a lot of you self-proclaimed "Alizee super fans" would consider a "true Alizee fan" any more.

Your participation in the Hub is what compels me to keep things going: a combination of online time and a willingness to try new things. Very very few of you post the new Alizee stuff that's online in main chat, we have to wait for other people from other forums to handle what should be done by the "prime fans" right here: You, Ray, Jenny, etc. Ray and a couple others are online 24/7 which is what is needed, but have yet to challenge themselves by trying ANY of the 100 GB A MONTH of new stuff from all over the world that is posted for the VIP members of the Hub. Do you really mean you are willing to risk the Hub going away in three weeks by adhering to your so-called "principles" and refuse to get daring and try something new and download a file or two a week????

That seems a little foolish to me.

Deligna, whether through coincidence or accepting my challenge, downloaded dozens of Priscilla files yesterday. I LOVE that girl and pride myself in having everything that French cutie did in her all-too-brief heyday proudly online in my TEN TERABYTE SHARE. Combined with the other key members of the Hub
we have at the very least the essentials of every major female Pop singer on earth. Are all you guys REALLY going to tell me there is NOTHING of interest to you in what we offer? Then don't deplore the demise of the Hub, just look in the mirror for the person responsible.

Due to response from several of the Hubbers, I might start a new project next month which will in no way be connected to Alizee or her fans. My attempts to link the Hub to other fan forums a few years ago was greatly hampered by the name of the Hub. As one forum admin put it: " I don't mean to be offensive, but isn't Alizee sort of a 'one hit wonder' whose career was over years ago?" Sad to say that is how most music fans look at her.

I get "PAID" by seeing Hub activity... the guy that founded the Hub left it in late 2005 because he got tired of the constant emails and several cyber attacks from obsessed "super fans" that didn't like the way the Hub was run... it should be run THEIR WAY as a matter of fact. Two of those guys are now the key players in "the other" forum" and I don't think it will take much guesswork to figure out who they are.

So I turned it into a general Female Pop Singer site, hosted it myself, and built a brick wall around it so the nasty little script kiddies who viewed themselves as the Only True Fans of Alizee couldn't take it down any more.
I LOVE sharing my love of music with everyone and it is really fulfilling to be able to have a place to share all this stuff. It would be sad for this to come to an end, and if the Hubs closes and I start a new project, the member list which currently favors Alizee fans will be wiped clean and I will start all over again through private invitations which will NOT include anyone who hasn't sufficiently supported the Hub over the last few years.

IS that really what you all want??? Only you can prevent this from happening. Think about it.

Meanwhile, here's a little holiday "oldie but goodie":

In my share:

Girls' Generation - All I Want for Christmas Is You (MBC Christmas Fairytale 2011.12.25).ts

online download:

https://mega.nz/#!6VVjBaLQ!zJJqFPYaN...Y8olDA2fyFW9Ik

-- Happy Holidays Everyone.. I wish I didn't have to bring such bad news.

Last edited by digimaze; 12-28-2016 at 03:03 PM..