View Single Post
Old 06-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
I never supported hitting kids. Main reason is that I have seen how badly kids are treated in India. No matter what type of school you go, teachers act like dictators and punish students for every damn reason. Punishment can vary from simple standing in class for an hour to beating them. There is always a cruel teacher in every school who beats kids badly.

I always felt that what teachers did was wrong and found it difficult how can anyone hit kids.

Even at home, kids are treated in similar way. Although they have better chance of getting away because of mothers and grandmothers. Indian society is patriarchal and even harsh words from fathers are enough.

I would say that this is the case of flawed parenting. I don't know teachers behave with kids there, but respecting others (who deserve respect) is basic lesson which they need to learn even before starting the school or may be when they start the school.
I wish the US was more like India! Here in the US kids rule the classroom doing whatever they want including spitting, hitting, and cursing the teacher and the teacher and the teacher cant doing anything back. When the teacher does call the parents the parents say when the kid is in school "they are your problem" and when the kids come home they do whatever they want and their parents let them get away with it! Both my parents are NYC school teachers, my mom is still teaching and my dad retired a few years ago. My mom told me a student said "fuck you you dumb blond leave me alone" to her last month and pretty much nothing was done to the kid! Teachers have no control of students in the class room here in our country and that is a big part of to the reason as to why the US education system is slipping in the world rankings.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!