View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 01:20 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

Hey Srbski

Good to have you back and posting again. You were missed.
The world cup is going to very interesting methinks.
Having had a good to chance to watch some of the teams who qualified from Northern Irelands group (Slovakia and Slovenia) i don't think either have any chance of progressing beyond the qualifying rounds. Slovakia in particular were very poor and how they managed to win the group is any ones guess. They didn't impress me at all.
Northern Ireland played Serbia in a friendly a few weeks ago and i was VERY impressed with the Serbs. I can definetly see Serbia as the 'dark horses' in the finals.
I'll have to go for England as the only home team to qualify from the UK. I don't think they have a chance of winning but you have to follow 'your own' at the finals i suppose.
As for the whole French 'incident'. Haven't laughed as much in years but please remember France were not playing 'Ireland'. They were playing the Republic of Ireland. 'Ireland' is not a country, it is an Island that contains 2 countries (Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland).
Really looking forward to the finals should be interesting.
BTW Northern Ireland have just announced a friendly against the USA in March next year in Belfast. I'll be at the game, obviously.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ls/8397952.stm

Last edited by Junkmale; 12-08-2009 at 01:40 PM..