View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 01:44 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Yep, a single is basically a song the artist releases for play on radio. The only way singles matter to us Americans, there are two reasons: 1- for those who buy them (very few I imagine), there will be the single released on a disc with maybe remixes and instrumentals; 2- there will most likely be a music video. Since she isn't on U.S. radio, so we have no chance of hearing her songs, new single or old. But I had intially hoped, with my first listening of this album, that FG would be the next single. Most of the other songs don't seem like they would be appropriate on the radio, good as they are, but they are just not radio songs. Well, EE might, but certainly NOT UFD, ACF, LL, or GC. Also, how often do you actually see singles for purchase? They are not in any music shop I have ever been in, which is practically every one in central VA. As for La Candida being too short, it is barely any shorter than the radio edit of MJ. She wouldn't be hurting her career by releasng this as a single, since her largest fanbase is Mexican anyways. And France is far more accepting of foreign languages than America is. It would defnitely give her a unique edge.