Old 02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile AAm newsletter strategy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merci Alizée View Post
Something that we can (or should) do :

1. Introduction of the official AAm newsletter system
This is somewhat similar to my suggestion that we create a Best of Alizée America section of the AAm Website. The basic idea is the same: THROTTLE the massive flow of new AAm content for people with limited time or interest. If I can expand on what I had written, and also address MA's remarks, I find that there are THREE issues:

1. Editorial control of content
2. Publication media
3. Notification/subscription

Quote:
Users of AAm can volunteer... just create a message and PM it to any forum leaders. If found suitable then it would be sent to all members...
While any AAm member can create and control a newsletter (e.g, just link from their member profile to a forum post they episodically amend), it takes time to build a reputation. AAm has been building one for most of a decade. That's why a newsletter which the AAm Gods edit (if only by proxies) would be the one to which a person would be most likely to subscribe.

Quote:
Content of newsletter can be an attractive (but simple) poster like message with only relevant details.

An AAm newsletter may contain a link to specific thread for more details...
A simple forum post ALREADY provides great flexibility! It can embed text, photos, videos and links. Sure there is, e.g. no interactivity via Javascript, but why get fancy?

By the way, there might be two versions of the newsletter, e.g. one with no more than 2500 words and another with no more than 250 words per edition or month,

Quote:
We have mass e-mailing system and I feel that it has been used very [little]... This might be a good time to start with it... Newsletter need not to be periodic, rather just a more often used feature.
This issue is very critical. Notification schemes can be divided into two broad classes - PUSH and PULL.

Using the 2,000-name e-mail list is PUSHy. I would only use it once a year for an annual report on A and AAm, plus for only one or two other events of EXTRAORDINARY importance (e.g. Alizée is giving a US concert or AAm is closing down.) The annual report should always go out just before Thanksgiving to hawk store sales for Christmas.

Other newsletter editions should use PULL syndication like RSS feeds and Twitter tweets. The former has the GREAT advantage of being vendor-independent and in fact is already used for AAm podcasts. Pull syndication is VERY polite - when you turn it off you are never bothered again. That's why people have little fear of (and resistance to!) signing up to a pull feed.

You should also keep in mind that syndication methods keep changing. This is probably an argument for using those which have shown staying power.

Last edited by FanDeAliFee; 02-23-2011 at 12:53 AM.. Reason: split off double post AGAIN