View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 01:15 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben.Daly View Post
There was a lot of untapped potential for music videos in just about all of her albums, though of course no major artist can make a video for every song. I think we were discussing in the past which songs we each wish had got a music video.................

Kajue and I both mentioned Hey Amigo. ...............

And of course Blonde is just Blonde, but I agree an Alcaline Music Video probably would've been more interesting, other songs like K.O would be good candidates too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajue View Post
L'e-mail a des ailes has actually grown to become one of my favorite songs from her during the past couple months, it very soft and solemn feel to it.
I actually prefer her Concert version instead of the studio.

Well with someone like Alizee, especially after her lack of success with Psych and UEDS, you want to take advantage of all your assets and one of the biggest ones is her beauty. They certainly failed with Blonde. By the way, who was her costume coordinator?

With the Blonde video, they put all their eggs in one basket and paid the price.

A few months ago I spoke in here about how when I first "heard" the song "Dance Monkey" by the Tones, I really liked and added it to one of my top playlists. She had an unusual voice imo, a voice that I couldn't visualize what she might look like. I thought about looking her up on the internet but also wondered if that might be a mistake. Would it have an effect on how much I liked the song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iQxG8ZjYO8

Well I did look her up and found out she was no Alizée to put it mildly. As far as the song, I stopped listening to it. Maybe that makes me Shallow Hal or maybe it makes me human?

It just goes to show, the video of a music video is a major part of it. It can ruin a good song. One of the great things about Alizee when I'm just listening to a cd is I can visualize her in one of the many beautiful outfits she wore during her performances and En Concert.

A good outfit for the video Blonde could have added a lot to the video and she really should've made a second video whether it was Alcaline or something else. I know they were in a rush to get an album out there to take advantage of the success of Dals, but when you rush things, chances of getting a good product are much lower.