View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

After reading something Scruffy said in other thread...

Quote:
I thought his music was awesome. I had put together a video sometime ago to demonstrate it, using moments in between when Alizee wasn't singing. It was so great to listen to during those lulls.
I just remembered that my favourite En Concert moment is precisely one in which she is not singing...
Well, i have plenty of favourites in "Amélie M'a Dit" alone!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6rxclJXtMk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g6rxclJXtMk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I love the intro..., the camera angle at 0:44...
I like how at 1:05 the girls keep singing that bit instead of her...
The people screaming about "je suis pas belle" at 1:39...

And my favourite moment at 2:34. For two reasons:

1-Visually: The camera does a nice travelling in front of her from side to side of the scenario. We see her in the shadow(like my signature) and at the same time the light is pointing at the audience... and we get to see their faces, and those faces are the ones of people absolutely mesmerised by the show they are watching... Perfect editing.

2-Music: That little interval show us how much effort and quality were put into the show, and in that era in general.
The little guitar riff played live is completely different to the few notes played at that time of the song in the album version, and it fits perfectly. For me small details like that one and other similar ones through out the song, make a difference and take the song to another level.

Many artists can not nowadays defend their music live, they can not recreate the sound and mixes of their album versions. That is not the case with En Concert, where (even with the final sound being edited, of course), the live versions of the songs are even better than the recorded ones.

A lot of credit for LB, for the musical director of the show, and for everybody involved in the musical direction of that era

Last edited by SpanishFan; 02-26-2012 at 10:34 PM..