View Single Post
Old 09-30-2018, 11:54 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I have also grappled with the reason for my attraction to Alizée. It strikes me as insane to be so drawn to a woman I could never have a relationship with. I can't even have a conversation with her because of the difference in languages. Never in my life have I been attracted to any entertainer the way I am to Alizée. Maybe it's because I met her once in Central Park and that has created a sense that she is approachable. I don't think that's it. I've met other famous people and they have not had an impact on me. It also disturbs me that I am much older than her, and I wonder, is this some perverted thing I should be worried about? Is this attraction to fill something missing in my life? To be honest, I live a pretty contented life. Although Alizée is a beautiful woman, the attraction--as has been mentioned by a lot of other people on this site--is not predominately sexual. So what is it? Honestly, I don't know. I've been a fan now for several years and have pretty much given up trying to figure it out or bothering to worry about it. As you say, "It is what it is." Nobody is getting hurt. Alizee doesn't know I exist, I live on the far side of the world from her, so I'm not bothering or threatening her. She lights up my life, so I'm a fan.
I think your questions are valid. Insanity? No. I have lived a pretty normal life, never been in trouble with the law, content on what I have accomplished and own. Sound behavior and perceptions. By mere definition, that omits myself and no doubt you and most of those bit by the Lili bug. If somebody gets to the point of being a stalker, then that crosses the line, but the overwhelming majority of her fans seem to be very respectful of her.

Perverted? The fact that you worry about it shows that it is not an issue. Alizee is more than two decades younger than me. For some, the age gap is larger. I am aware how it might look if somebody knows my attraction to a singer much younger than myself who rose to fame as a teenager. They would come to all sorts of wrong conclusions. My sense of great beauty in a female hasn't changed my whole life, but has been refined. I appreciate inward beauty more than what I used to as a younger man. If both outward and inward beauty is packaged in a woman much younger than myself and I am attracted to her and respectful towards her, no harm done.

Something missing in life? This is the most interesting question you posed. When I saw my first Alizee video in 2006, purely by accident, I was still married with a family. My wife was very beautiful and we were married for a very long time. I had a very successful business going, big house, blah blah. Somebody from the outside would say I had it all and nothing was missing. After watching JEM that first time, I could have easily went on with my life and forgot about Alizee a minute later. But I couldn't because it was like she cast some kind of magic spell on me. I still remember what I was thinking while watching her. In the age of feminism that has went overboard in my opinion where girls were trying to become more masculine in their looks and behavior, here was this French girl who looked totally comfortable with her feminine traits. Maybe what was missing was as simple as how different she was along with her stunning looks. But, I think there is much more to it than that. I will probably never know.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-30-2018 at 12:58 PM..