View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 10:16 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Hey! Anybody here know who wrote this?? URGENT!!!

Hey, gang. As many of you know, we've been bombarding the ChartsInFrance website with our brief comments for a few days now. AND THEY CAN'T BELIEVE IT. The only problem? Many of our comments are so brief and so simple, many of the French readers there are also NOT BELIEVING that we're really Americans!! Go figure!!! (To help dispel their doubts, one of our allies there suggests that we should try to be LESS understandable to the other French. So now feel free to use longer words, longer sentences, and slang terms that they would never have learned in school or from our American movies. I'll try to post more on this subject elsewhere...)

IN ANY CASE -

SOMEBODY OVER THERE HELPING WITH THIS ONSLAUGHT FOUND THIS BIT OF A POST, AND THEY WANT TO QUOTE IT. BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHO WROTE IT! I thought it sounded really familiar, & thought I'd read it here. But I'm coming up dry... then Edcognito suggested we try this. (thx, Ed)

WHO WROTE THIS (below) ???? If it was you, or you know who, or you think you have an idea who it might have been, please respond! If you're not sure, that's okay. You can even PM me your ideas...

okay, here's an excerpt
"Having been a professional musician for many decades, and having done session work in NYC, Nashville, Boston, Florida and other places, I have heard so much music, mostly from either America or Great Britain and was getting tired of what was being played on the radio.

Then a friend of mine from Europe told me about Alizée and said "Why don't you try listening to some of her music". That was all it took for me.

I was never much interested in France, because I was doing other things. However, after listening to Alizée, I became interested in Alizée's music, history, and then, after signing up for this forum, everything I could find out about France, as well. Now I listen to Alizée (and some other French artists, when I want a slight change of pace) to the total exclusion of everything else, except the music I am hired to learn and play.

Look familiar to anyone? Any leads as to the identity of the mystery author? Thanks in advance, Chuck.