View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 04:45 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karin View Post
Album 6 - Collector box

and a little article about the future of possible collector box
http://www.alizee-life.com/album6collector/
I believe this is your idea for what a collector set for her next album should include and not what will probably will come out and if it is your idea, again, great work Karin.

This does bring up a sore subject with me; the way she promotes herself with not only her collector sets, but also her store when it was open.

At the release of "5", I would say a fairly accurate stab of what her fan base consisted of was 80% male +/- 5, yet what does she include in the collector set???????...........a hat box!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could see what a conversation between some of her fans waiting to receive thier hat boxes would look like,

"Hey Rambo............I just received my collector set today.....................If you get back from grizzly bear hunting by the weekend..................why don't we get together and open this thing up.....................We'll give Gunny a call and see if he's back from defuzing ied's in Afghanistan, then we'll all get together and open this sucker up!!!!!!!!!!!".

I just have to shake my head in disbeleif at the way she's been running her career. All she had to do was offer fans a choice of one of 6 different posters. Why 6? Because with only 2, I'm sure she would pick some of those awful pictures from the Psych era. With 6, there's a small chance she might get one right. One that might really appeal to her fans. One fans would really like to have instead of fans just buying her collector set, not because it appealed to them, but just in support of her.

Wasn't there a delay with the collector set for 5? If you offered posters, if you could get one right, it would take very little time to get them out. Give her fans a personalized autographed poster of their choosing and they'd have something they'd be proud to display, instead of something they'd rather not be asked about.

But things have changed with DALS. She has gained a lot of young female fans, so once again, we will probably be stuck with another hat box, and we will buy it, not because we want one, but because we do it in support of her.