View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 10:35 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Here's the video that combines Alizee's song with scenes from the movie.

Amelie was the name of a waitress who worked in a Paris restaurant in this fictional story. It was rumored that in late 2003, this would be Alizee's next single, but it was at this point that Alizee had met Jeremy and had decided to leave the people who discovered her and that is MF/LB.

Of course this song had an English version too and I think if she had not separated from Mylene and Laurant, this would've been a hit in this country. The earlier songs that Mylene made English versions for had some corny lines in them such as "I'm foamely ecstatic" or "If you're okey dokey" or "fried days of something that I lost". Those songs it was said were laughed at, I guess by people in England or maybe just the many English speaking people in mainland Europe and that was no fault of Alizee. She was just singing the lyrics that Mylene wrote and she did it incredibly well. It was just that as incredibly talented at song writing that Mylene was, she lacked the ability to translate these songs into a good English version.

Amelie was the exception. I think because it was telling the story of the waitress in the movie and it had to be true to the movie as opposed to the other songs where Mylene created these stories and she was trying to find English words that sounded good for the French songs she wrote and that's not an easy thing to do, so she modified the story in the process and though it sounded good, it had lines that like I said were corny. I'm sure Amelie the song, would've been a hit in this country and once the American public was introduced to Alizee, I think the results would've been record setting.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-04-2017 at 11:05 PM..