View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM
J'essaye parler francais

MesGourmandises is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I can only say that with the original Alizee songs, that made us all fall in love with her, you didn't have to 'get used to them'.
Aww come on!

Sure they were catchy back when Mylene was writing for her.
But you just don't get it.

Her songs were "catchy" back then, but that is ALL they were. No meaning, no message, no complexity, it looked good on the outside, but it was an artificial mess on the inside. And that wasn't alizee's fault at all.

Now, they have expression, artistry, meaning, messages, and definately complexaty. There not the same 4 chords played over and over again that I've heard ten thousand times in the music industry any more. There not some simple plastic songs. These songs that we have now are rich, mature songs. You see how this improves after her split from Mylene?

Don't get me wrong; some of her songs were good.
Moi lolita, l'alize, j'en ai marre, j'ai pas vignt ans they were all plastic and simple and didnt mean much. Okay, so your a lolita and you like to flirt? How is that poetry? And okay, your fed up with everything... would you like to elaborate.. is there a story of some sort? No.. and j'ai pas vignt ans melody is BEAUTIFUL but .. wait.. what? what are you singing about? ohh your taking this beautiful melody and singing about how your not twenty years old? Mylene.. do you want this girl to fail?
However, L'email a des ailes, toc de mac, a contre current, all of those were amazingly good songs... notice how, as much as they should be, they were never turned into singles except A contre corrent. Again, why mylene?

Mylene's another story.
But all Im saying is that alizee's songs in psychedelices now have depth and mean something. she is expressing her life through these songs, and she's even stated that she wanted to make this album, sure for her fans, but mostly to express herself and she wanted all of this to be in her control.

Bravo alizee. Your songs aren't just good music, they're poetry

Last edited by MesGourmandises; 11-16-2007 at 07:07 PM..