View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 12:52 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Scruffy mentioned that there is a certain kind of comradery in this forum but not like it was at the beginning. I totally agree with him. When Alizée had her first public signing with Psychédélices a bunch of the members were there. Some of them were interviewed on tv. One of the guys was Roman, who had a custom made tattoo of Lili on his back shoulder. When he showed it to her, Lili's jaw dropped. There's even a picture of it and you can see the gum in her mouth. lol She yelled, "PAPA!" so he could get a picture of it, It was so cool. Many relationships grew strong back then. Sometimes it became a regular soap opera. Even me and FRA bumped heads now and then.

I look at the members list today and see all the members who were practically a foundation to the forum. Many of them either left because of problems in the forum. One for sure got banned. Some gave notice that they decided to move on. And still others just faded away for whatever reason. I guess some felt her Lolita days were behind her, or the fact that she got married and had a beautiful girl, or they moved on to other music. We can only speculate what happened.

But I still see hope in this forum. I see more and more new members like lapinschous being active. I feel certain that, as long as there is Alizée, this forum will stay strong.

As for the popularity, she made the decision and we have to abide by it. I always felt she would never make it 'big' in the U.S. but it would've grown more. I was taken aback that she never played in Canada. Oh well, C'est la vie!

St. Louis, MO claims roots with France and so it celebrates Bastille Day every July 14th. There are some authentic french restaurants in town and I've been thinking of having one of them host a Bastille Day Party by showing Alizée En Concert. If I think I can get the ball rolling, I'll start a new thread with more information.