View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Cracka!

Shep is on a distinguished road

I always thought it was the fact that the last time she toured Europe she was worn out and there is alot more to America than Europe.

I doubt she hates America in many aspects. She probably hates the American Entertainment industry... I do... but she seems like the kind of person who couldn't care less about politics and from what I hear, most French who visit here don't want to go back. A friend of mine had two French Foreign exchange students came here to study and didn't want to go back. They were amazed that Americans sit politely in line waiting for whatever where in France they try to kill each other trying to get their tickets/food/etc. Another was a woman who came here to get a job as a secretary and had an immigration scare because of bad paperwork or whatever. She says the economy is horrible there and getting a job is next to impossible because of the job laws makes people afraid of hiring the wrong people.

She got married here as well, so...

I doubt that she hates America.
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late." - Jack Handey