View Single Post
Old 03-01-2015, 11:43 AM

Djr654 is on a distinguished road

I agree with a lot of what has been said here. Although I am certainly physically attracted to Alizée (after all, it was her looks that captured my attention initially), I don't think of her in a sexual way, and it's good to see that I'm not the only one who feels like this. It's difficult to explain exactly why this is so for me; I guess I do feel that I would be disrespecting her by thinking in such a way, although I do appreciate what previous posters have said regarding "thinking of someone sexually" not necessarily implying disrespect. My feelings for her run so much deeper than that, and there are various facets of the attraction: looks, music/voice and personality. Take away any one of these things and I would probably not be here. In addition, there seems to me to be some quality that I can't quite put my finger on that holds me in her web; I guess I can best summarise things by saying that Alizée is more than the sum of her parts.

As regards others' reactions, I have yet to find out; I haven't (yet) told anyone else about her; she has been my little secret. Why is this? It's just me really; I'm a pretty private person, especially when it comes to something with such strong emotional ties as my love of Alizée. In any case, I don't think I'd be able to talk about her to friends or family without going very red

I probably would feel awkward through; I don't consider myself old, but I'd no doubt be seen as old enough when it comes to watching her earlier videos. Do I feel bad for watching her though? No. Why not? Because I know my reasons for doing what I'm doing: I watch her videos and stuff because of my feelings for her, how she makes me feel better, and, of course, my love of her music, not because of any sexual attraction. I know this, but I recognise that others may struggle to understand.

Sorry for not really contributing anything that hasn't already been said; just wanted to put my two cents in...