View Single Post
Old 05-04-2016, 04:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default My trip to Corsica

I arrived by ferry this morning In Ajaccio around 6:30. I walked down Rue Fesch on the way to my hotel and it looks like there have been some changes in certain locations.

I'm staying at the Albion hotel which is run by the daughter of Chez Paulo and in case there's anyone who doesn't know, Chez Paulo is the Face Book name of the woman who runs a restaurant there that is named "Chez Paulo" (House of Paulo). Her daughter Is a very nice young lady who gave me a warm greeting after finding out who I was. Around noon time, I went down to the Chez Paulo restaurant where I met the owner and had lunch. She showed me around the restaurant. She showed me some pictures she had on the wall of Alizee at the Marie-Do event and there was another picture when she was 17 I think she said.

My French is very limited and so is her English so she wasn't able to answer many of the questions I had for her. I tried to ask her if she saw a lot of Alizee when she was growing up and she didn't understand, but she did say she knew her mother and she made a gesture of circling her face and I wasn't sure what it meant except maybe she was saying she's a beautiful woman???

She also said Alizee is in France (mainland), so I'm guessing what ever Jo mentioned the other day has something to do with what's going on there. I wonder when she'll get back? My odds of bumping in to her were slim enough if she was here, but at least it was a remote possibility.

She mentioned Alizee was married which I thought kind of funny. I'm sure she's not married yet. I think she meant good as married and was mentioning the fact because she thought I might have some romantic interests in that direction which amused me.

So despite the language gap, it was a very nice meeting. I had a good meal and will dine there again.

I had plans to take a train to Bastia, but I may take a boat to Bonifacio instead. There also an early evening cruise that goes out to the Blood Islands which sounds like an opportunity for some good pictures.

After getting back from lunch, I saw Jo had posted a picture of a tall ship which I had photographed too, just before lunch. So I "may" have just missed him.

On my last day, I plan on renting a car and doing some local touring before catching the ferry that night.