View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 07:14 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I took a train up to Bastia which is on the north east coast of Corsica. It's a long 4 hour ride on a herky jerky train with about 30 stops along the way. Bastia is a nice city, but they have a long island I guess you call it that runs parallel to the water front where the cruise and ferry ships dock and it destroys a lot of the potential charm of this place.

I took numerous pictures there including inside some churches and a whole bunch along the way. I hope they come out good.

I arrived back a little before 7 and finally figured out the schedule of this place. As opposed to my visit in the winter a few years ago when they roll up the side walks at 6pm. Now the schedule is the shops close at 7pm and that's when the restaurants start serving dinner. Makes perfect sense for those who live here.

So I stopped by the shop Ray had mentioned in another thread, but all my camera batteries were dead from that last trip and they were about to close so after just walking inside to confirm I had the scene of the crime, I decided to leave and come back probably Sunday. I figured what I would say to her is I saw a picture of her shop on FB in the USA and I just had to come here. Then telling her the picture was posted by Alizee. But I'm sure as seems to be the norm here, communicating will be difficult.

Tomorrow I'm supposed to go on a 12 hour boat trip along the north west coast. I don't know if I can make it after that train trip.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-06-2016 at 07:16 PM..