View Single Post
Old 05-07-2016, 03:56 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I had bought a ticket a couple of days ago for a boat ride up along the west coast. After yesterday's long ride, that was the last thing I wanted to do. So I forced myself to get out of bed at an early hour and said well I'll at least go down there and try and sell the ticket. But after showering, I felt a lot better about the situation and decided to go through with it and it turned out to be a long day, but a pleasant one with lots of great photos.

I got back to my hotel around 7 pm. After first meeting with Chez Paulo , I thought I don't want to wear out my welcome, so I won't go back till sunday. But tonight I thought, if I don't come back till sunday, maybe they'll take that the wrong way. So I went back tonight. When I walked in, I talked to this guy I hadn't seen the first night. He set me up with a table and was incredibly nice to me during the meal. When I was done, he offered me a drink on him. It was in about a 2 or 3 ounce shot glass. It tasted strongly of lemon and in itself was very strong.

So after receiving the bill, I asked if he knew who I was and he said his mother had told him about me the other day.His name was Jean Martiste I believe. So I took a picture of him and shook his hand and went on my way. Another great experiece.