View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 12:24 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Actually, the chat box does have history. There is a down arrow to the right of the word "ChatBox". If you click on it, a dropdown menu appears and there is an option to view the archives. This is actually quite handy if you need to make changes to what you typed in chat, because it gives you the option to edit. I have used it a number of times.

The chat box was heavily used around three years ago to the point where members were posting links and comments there instead of threads. We were trying to encourage members to utilize the threads more and over time there was less activity on the chat.

The one main advantage of the chat box is to be able to broadcast a message to all registered users so that it would be seen only by them. It is not visible to non-members and web crawlers don't pick up the content, so there are no worries the conversations would end up forever in cyberspace.
Wow!

I stand repaired!

I hadn’t researched the subject very much!

Well, that’s good, yes, but still, like you said, this kind of discussion can be a “problem” for a forum if there’s no text in the actual threads. [Although because of its archive, that too is a "thread" ...]

Yet, once history exists, it would also be great if it could be preserved (even as an archive, etc.)!

Alizée 💜