View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 07:58 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

OK guys, I was very skeptical about this yesterday because it seemed to come out of the blue and she hadn't performed anywhere in 4 years and it looked like she was done singing. It was like a dream and I just needed to be pinched to wake up. Today, I am convinced.

I agree with Scruffy about song selection and outfits. Everybody in the audience will want to hear Moi Lolita and JEM, that is a given. She was cute when she was a teenager singing Moi Lolita in those outfits MF picked for her, but when she was still singing them 10 years later, squeezing into that Moi Lolita dress didn't look as becoming. If she decided to sing them, I think it would be a mistake for her to try to recreate the dances as they were. Maybe (hopefully) this is something that she has worked on with MF lately, having a stage performance that is more mature but still fun.

One thing brought up in the past was her apparent loss of voice strength singing as she aged. She also seemed to struggle with higher notes. Like an athlete, singers need to exercise their voices. I hope she has been working on it and sound terrific next month. I REALLY hope that she realizes how much she missed singing afterwards and not only be in LE 2019, but put out a new album (with good management)!