View Single Post
Old 12-06-2019, 10:27 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn97 View Post
Is Mexico really so dangerous? And is Trump so inhumane?
I don't think Trump is any worse to these people than other presidents were. It's a difficult situation. So many people want to cross our border. If we let them all in, then eventually the border wouldn't be worth crossing. So you have many people illegally trying to cross the border. Our agents are not going to put up the ones they catch in a 5 star hotel, so it gets a little dicey at times.

When Alizee was on tour in Mexico, it would have been much easier for me to go down there than to France where the concerts were planned upon her return, but even though there are risks in Paris, I felt my odds of having a safe trip were much better in France, so I waited, then the Paris show was cancelled.

I have to think that if you want to visit Mexico, if you go to a popular site, you should be okay, as long as you don't stray off the beaten path, don't go out on your own and don't have too much to drink, smoke, snort, etc. I believe too that the police down there are very corrupt. If you have your wallet stolen, don't even report it. Accept your losses and be thankful you are still alive.

Another disturbing trend in the past couple of years are places that are serving tainted alcohol. Try to go to the well known resorts where they wont want to have their image tarnished in that way.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-06-2019 at 10:30 AM..