View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 11:29 AM

Ben.Daly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Thanks for starting this thread and posting this, Ben.Daly. I was looking at it this morning and did a screen grab of the chart and was going to post it later, but you beat me to it. Starting a thread on it was a good idea.

There was some surprises on the chart, and Alizee making the list was one of them. It's really good to see she has not been forgotten there. I know a number of the people on the chart due to my exposure to the Les Enfoires shows. I had learned to like quite a few French artists through it.

The fact that male French artists do better than female French artists over the long run has been a topic of discussion before. Mylene Farmer is the exception, and I was a little surprised she didn't get higher than #24. The women tend to peak early then fade.

Shy'm used to be extremely popular. She is a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. She became of cast member of Les Enfoires in 2012 and was part of the group of judges when Alizee and Greg won DALS. I am surprised to see her at #87.

Jean-Jacques Goldman is retired from music and sits at #1. This is a surprise. He was a cast member of Les Enfoires. No surprise that Celine Dion is in the top ten.

Pascal Obispo remains strong at #16 and it's good to see Zazie up there at #36. They were both heavily involved in composing the music for Alizee on her Blonde album.

Lorie Pester didn't even make the list. And Louane is only #57? We were talking about Louane a few years ago. Her videos had millions of views and her future looks very bright. She is only 23. Very surprised she didn't rank higher.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl View Post
Great post, Ben.Daly! Thank you for this.
Cheers guys
Unfortunately there's probably some slight inaccuracies with Google's auto-translate, hopefully it isn't too much of a problem. Also, this feature where you can change the size of the font is really useful when formatting these sort of posts. I'm surprised people don't use it more here, it's seems really good for titles and sub-headings.

Also, thanks the comment on the other singers CleverCowboy, it's quite interesting to see how many of these artists are connected some way or another. Learnt a couple of things reading through your comment