View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 01:54 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall View Post
If the purpose is to create an online home for Alizée fans, then naturally we would have dedicated spaces for different language users. As the need arises, Mods for those channels would have to be recruited to keep things civil. FerAunger, for example, whose videos have recently been discussed on this forum, is a fan from Mexico who could be counted on to moderate a Spanish language channel(s). Jenny, a well known German member of AF and AAm, could be a moderator for a German channel(s). SkeLeton could moderate a French channel(s) and so forth.

For one thing, the efforts of our members, more than our name, have brought us a couple of miracles. Besides that, it hasn't yielded any fruit. Alizée has been to the US many times, but only on vacation and nothing more. And again, a Discord server would not replace AAm any more than the AAm Twitter account has. That was Ben's suggestion in the event AAm was gone for good. But you're right that we're the last established name and for that reason I don't think we should offer users the choice between AAm and AAm Discord. AAm should continue to exist for its users and a Discord server can offer something different for those comfortable with that platform. And lastly, Google search results vary greatly by locations, not to mention by user. Google wants to serve up the most relevant results to you.
Having a Discord community and separating the members by language into their own respective channels is no different than having an Alizee America, Alizee Spain, Alizee (pick your country). It still falls short of the original intent, which is to somehow bring together under one roof the world's Alizee fans where they do not have to worry about what language they speak. They would still be separated into their own rooms.

If we would have to recruit moderators by language, such as Jenny or FerAunger, they can just as easily start their own Alizee Discord site in their own native languages and we wouldn't have to worry about recruitment and being sure they are following up on their commitment. For all we know, there might be communities dedicated to Alizee on Discord already. If there is, and we create ours, what would make a new Alizee fan choose ours?

Kajue mentioned there is no way to create a thread. So I am assuming a channel would be like a fancy chat box with one long continuous conversation that can go in any direction. Is this correct? If so, what would you chat about today? Alizee's makeup line? Alizee does not produce breaking news. Maybe she will in the future if she ever releases a new record, but for now, I am envisioning that an unstructured chat would go off topic continuously. Or maybe people will get bored and quit coming. There are a lot of thread topics here, and most of them are reminiscing. But reminiscing of what Alizee was and what she is today and everything in between is interesting and fun. I'm not sure whether this can be pulled off in Discord.

So, I know I am being difficult here and I am not trying to throw cold water on the whole idea. I am just trying to talk this through and see if it makes sense to have a site in that format. Kajue volunteered to create a site and he should feel free to do so and see what happens.