View Single Post
Old 03-14-2015, 04:57 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Translation of DALS and other shows.

I've been wanting to find a way to get translations of certain programs, interviews, etc that Alizee has been involved in, in the past, most notably DALS, but of course certainly others. I've been wondering with rapidly progressing technology if there might be a program out there that you can feed audio in to and get the text and a translation out of it. Actually a translation wouldn't be all that necessary with the translation services now available, but we all now they have their limitations.

So I haven't found anything yet, that doesn't have some type of issue, so I thought about checking out some translation services on line. I haven't been able to find much along those lines, so I thought to target people who teach French. So I checked out some stuff and one company I contacted hooked me up via e-mail with several French teachers.

I thought about whether to just give them a short story, i.e. "I want part of some French tv shows, interviews, songs translated.". but decided to give them (to borrow a line from a movie) my tale of woe.

It included a short story about Alizee and Mylene Farmer. It discussed Alizee's successes and failures, her marriage, Les Enfoires and DALS. and her affect on my life.

Well most of them probably thought I was nutty as a fruit cake, but I did receive this reply from someone who I will only reveal her first name and that is Marguerite.

David,

You made smile all the reading way. I'm very please to know about you David. I know Alizee very well, I used to LOVE her as a teenager. Honestly, everyone of my age used to love her. Also, having her in dance with the stars last year was phenomenal. In other words, I'm a fan too. It happens, I watched the last DALS of 2014 and saw her winning. Everyone was very moved and pleased to see her back on the screen. I missed the DALS 5 but I'll be very please to follow DALS 6, already announced.

I'm 26 and moved in New England just 7 months ago from Paris, where I spent almost all my life. I know very much the music, the culture and all the stars you named bellow. Pascal Obispo is one of my favorite and Zazz is shining like the star she is. I also LOVE Indilla ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtNJMAyeP0s ), Stromae (From Belgium) you probably heard of them!

I couldn't be more pleased to read you and hope to be part of this project!! It's hard for me to know how long each episode last, since they are all the time cut with commercials. If you have the information please let me know. ************************************. I really hope this project become a long time partnership.

Best,
Marguerite

So I'm not sure how this will work out price wise. I will definitely have the DALS last show when Alizee won translated and depending how much that costs, may have much more done.

If she's working as a French teacher, her English must be very good too. So it will be very interesting to not only get her interpretations, but also get some of her views on what it was like, living in Paris and being a fan of Alizee. She's 26 which is close to Alizee's age which is almost perfect. So I'm hoping this will be a great find for the forum, depending upon how the costs and other things work out.

After I get the translation for the final 2013 DALS show, I will add subtitles either by embedding them in the video or through closed captions. I will also post the text in here so for people who just want to read them, they can do so.

There is a problem on how to make the video available to everyone. I''ve been trying hard to straighten out my DC++ hub account, but still haven't been able to work that out. Of course I have to investigate the legalness of that and take that into consideration for the sake of the forum. But for whoever is interested in seeing it or whatever else that might come available, we will find a way to get it to them.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-14-2015 at 05:14 PM..