View Single Post
Old 03-17-2015, 02:11 AM
Alizee Hub Janitor

digimaze is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Policy regarding original contributions to the Alizée Hub

Files that are distributed by fans within the Hub are expected to retain their source identifier after they are downloaded and re-distributed. You'll see plenty of examples of this:

OLYMPIO who has been contributing caps of French performances to the Hub since 2003.

FAIRYTALE our senior Hub Operator who caps fantastic HD Music Vids and live performances from all over Western Europe.

Jenny_HRO87 who has generously shared with us her Alizée fan cams and photos.

My own caps, called the "DIGI-ARCHIVE" of live performances from TV chat and award shows that I've been maintaining since the days of VHS.

... this is just a few people off the top of my head and is no means an all-inclusive list. My apologies to anyone I have overlooked.

All "substantial original contributions" are protected: television captures, fan-based edits, original photo-montages, and yes: fan-based subtitles are covered, too. Minor contributions like re-encodes and/or minor edits of caps available elsewhere, are not covered. Since all files shared within the Hub have a unique hash ID, spotting re-named files using the command "search for alternates" is very easily done.

Why you're still having problems accessing the Hub is a mystery to me. You (or anyone else) can message me there without logging in or being registered for online tech support. Could it be that your connection is defaulting to a passive one? If that is the case, your client will still tell you that you are active even though you ain't. Passive connections can only connect to active ones, not other passive users... like ME for example. Try grabbing a file list from an active user like Luc or rayfer. If you are successful, but you cannot get my list, you just might be passive. Contact me at the Hub and we'll sort through the options for you.

As far as what to call your files, I've been using the same naming convention for years:

"Artist Name/Song Title/ Venue/Date/Source/Resolution"

First of all, the file sorts correctly in Windows Explorer. Secondly, it is not dependent on a containing folder for part of it's identification, which is critical if you are downloading tons of stuff into one folder called "downloads' and at some point in time you gotta figure out where all that stuff goes without watching each and every file.

Here's an example from a recent cap I shared:

"Christina Aguilera, Blake Shelton, Adam Levine & Pharrell Williams - Are You Gonna Go My Way (The Voice US - 2015-03-01) [digi-archive 1080i].ts"

Good luck with your project! It sounds very exciting.

Last edited by digimaze; 03-17-2015 at 02:22 AM..