View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 05:41 PM

dakun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Actually that's my video. I have 4 different Youtube channels and that one is under my real name.

As far as SAGA episode 2 of 3;

What a battle this one was. Mainly because when I uploaded the video and the subtitle file to Youtube, I could not get the captions to show. I re-uploaded the video and the lyrics twice but no soap.

But sometimes things happen for a reason. I wasn't happy with the translations I had found on line for the two of the songs in this part; Sans Bruit and A Cause de l'Automne and I had spent a lot of time trying to interpret them into a smooth flowing story and I was happy with the resullts except for one line in each song. This extra time enabled me to come up with a good solution for those lines.

There's also a song at the end that Alizee sings about birds. Where Double Je and Sans Bruit were very good fits for her voice, this bird song wasn't and there's a part near the end where she has to reach a high note and it's out of her range and sounds bad. Plus it's not that good of a song to begin with. In the first video I uploaded, I included the whole song, but in the shorter one, I only included the first half and I think that's the better way to go.

I still have to proofread the subs in the uploaded file, but if there are any typos, it should be easy to correct them.

Thank you for all the work you put into this. I loved this video. It's very rare too see a somewhat more private side of her. It's a real treat.

Also love the little pout at 5:39.

And that interpration of "A cause de L'automne" was amazing. It would be cool to hear alternative versions of her songs sung by Alizée herself