View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 08:34 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Well I think just about every big city in the world has some areas you are better off staying out of. That is true in the city I grew up in and live in today and that is Boston. If you go into certain sections of this city alone and you look like you don't belong, you will probably get either taken advantage of at the least, robbed and/or beaten.

I mentioned the beaten path earlier. As long as you only go into areas where there are plenty of other tourists, you should be fine if you go to Mexico. If you like to have a few drinks, don't have too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
The gangs in Mexico are real and they do prey on tourist. When Alizee went there, she had a team of bodyguards. Having said that..........

Like every ethnic group, there are good ones and bad ones, but the vast majority are good.

As for Trump, I'll let history be the judge.
Understood. Thanks for the explanation. I was a bit surprised because it seemed that you were talking about the Old West rather than a modern country. I suppose what Scruffydog says is true: every city has its own "bad" areas.
I live near Naples, which is commonly known for crime (mafia, pickpockets and stuff like that). I go there almost everyday for university but also for a walk with my family or friends every now and then. Usually, if you don't go to very particular areas, you are OK, you just have to watch out for pickpockets, because you never know.
I mean, the level of petty crime is a little more serious than it is in other cities. But there are also some other disreputable areas, where you know that if you go there, you won't be back: I mean that you look at a guy and think "will he kill me with a knife or a gun?". But, a part from rare cases, everyone knows what areas you should avoid. So if there are other people on the streets, just mind your pockets because there are usually many, many other people. Unfortunately Naples is a magnificent city with a lot of beauties but also many problems.
It seems that I'm talking about the Old West too lol but I would always recommend visiting Naples to anyone: if you are a visiting tourist, just be a bit more alert than usual, because you will never end up near those areas.

Even Alizée came here once... Obviously I lost the chance to meet her