View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Even if the ownership of the domain name were to change, that does not give the new owner access to any of the current content. Whoever owns the content now would have to do that. Also, when before a domain name becomes available, the current owner is sent multiple reminders and opportunities to renew before the name is deactivated. And it is a requirement of all domain name owners to keep their contact info updated or risk losing the rights to the domain name. I own several domain names. I happen to have most of my domains registered with Network Solutions, so the notices come to me from them, but they reference the rules for everyone. Here is part of one of the notices I get every so often:

>> “This notification is being sent to you as a contractual requirement of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) WHOIS policy. When you registered your domain with us, you agreed to keep your contact information....current, and the WHOIS policy mandates that we ask you to verify and/or update this information periodically. Further, ICANN requires us to remind you that providing inaccurate or dated contact information may be grounds for domain name cancellation...
...Remember, if you use Private Registration, you are still required to maintain accurate contact information... You may review the ICANN policy here.
...Thank you for your attention to this important ICANN-required message...”<<