View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 01:06 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
Sounds like it was a great trip all-in-all.

Any chance you got a photo of "The Sundial?"
No I only rented the car for one day and because I didn't know for sure until just a couple of days before I left that I would be able to go, I wasn't able to do a lot of advanced planning. I mainly set my sights on 2 things, going to the Chateau de la Punta because of it's history and it's view, then to the area just to the north of the Blood Islands where she likes to go. I was curious to see that view for myself. Now usually when a picture is posted from here, it shows the bay off to the north as with the selfie her brother took of the group, but it looks like they also get a great view of the Blood Islands too.

A few other notes. A lot of the Blood Islands are covered in dirt. On my boat trip that went north of there, there was a big island that was all rock and it was much more dramatic and obvious how these islands get their reddish color. I don't think the color showed up that well in my photos. I'll post a few after I finish this and see.

I was also curious to go to that little shopping plaza we've seen her at. I was curious to see what the main attraction was, but it was probably just a place she likes to do some of her shopping and might be easier to get to instead of driving into Ajaccio if you can get to it without driving that way.

So I got a lot done, but left a lot open which gives me reason to go back again and I'm sure there will be another trip.

As far as seeing Alizée, it never really bothered me that she may never have been there while I was there. I know she went off apparently on another photo shoot and I don't know if she ever came back while I was there. But I was tres, tres happy on this whole trip, I think mainly because of having my travel privileges back. Even if she was there, the odds of seeing her are very small and I found back in 2013 I think it was when she returned here after Les Enfoires instead of going back to Paris, I didn't want to leave downtown Ajaccio for the fear of missing her. The fact that I never had an opportunity on this trip, may bother me now more that I'm back and have time to reflect, than it did while I was there. But it was a great trip for me.

Edit:

Again having issues with Photobucket. They are down for site maintenance. I just signed up for Flickr, but that's a different animal I have to learn.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-14-2016 at 01:06 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts