View Single Post
Old 12-22-2022, 05:06 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
I was in Web Support for Websites for a facility. The other guy wanted to leave early; so we said nothing is going on, so go ahead and take off. However; if something is going to go wrong it will go wrong at 4:30 PM on a Friday ! So I get a call and email from Systems Security asking "Is this a Valid email" One girl was changing her password in a system; but she never got the answering email; so she kept changing it. another girl was getting her password changed emails; so she complained to systems "I am Not changing my password ! " Hence the Dilemma. Turns out that the girls have almost similar names; so that when systems install set up her email they pointed her emails at the other girl ! I had to tell systems security "I cannot validate a systems email without studying it; and running an analyzer on it. This will take a while" But in checking the girls email addresses; I found that the one girl would never get emails and the other girl would get all of them ! so I had to contact Systems Install to straighten out their email addresses; as that part I cannot do ! Then explain to everyone what was going on !
That is an interesting story. Kind of reminds me of some of the spam I get on almost a daily basis. Amazon is one name they often use saying there's a problem with you account, click here to sign in. I made the mistake of clicking on that but luckily nothing happened at that point but they want you to sign in with your username and password and I see right away the return address has nothing to do with Amazon and that's as far as that went.

I got one the other day from what was supposed to be my insurance company with who I have an auto and home policies. It said your house policy payment is late and in danger of cancellation. I thought, yeah right! I'm not falling for that because I know I paid my bills at the beginning of the month. Still I went to their website and sure enough my house policy was in arrears! What happened was I mixed up my payments and sent the lower car payment towards my house policy and it wasn't enough to cover it. So it's a good thing I didn't blow it off as being another scam.