View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 09:46 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Album, hands down. A lot of the discussion about her doing movies has boiled down over and over to her beauty, and sticking her in front of a camera because "why not." However, conventional beauty is not all it takes (and is not always a factor) to make it in the movies. A more important question is if she's got the acting chops to really make some waves, and we haven't seen much of that yet. She is undoubtedly beautiful but it would be awful to see her type-cast as eye candy, so I would prefer to have another album to listen to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
Thanks; I've heard of Alcaline, but I've never listened to it before.

I don't like the electronic processing on the vocals. Maybe someone thinks it sounds cool, but I think it sounds stupid.

I think this song would sound better if it was produced with what you might call a "smooth jazz" sound. Get rid of the electronic processing on the vocals. Make the backing track less electronic and more "orchestral."

In general, keep the tempo the same, but give it a "smoother" sound.
Lol, have you read the lyrics man?

I'm trying to imagine a jazzy orchestral choir singing:

The lyrics of the song convey an energetic "battery-powered" feeling of escape (through dance or music, she mentions a voyage through her headphones). I don't think smooth jazz or orchestra would fit the song at all.