View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 01:59 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
My imagination, sir, is indeed very active, and requires little prompting. This serves me well in my chosen creative ventures, but does occasionally generate drawbacks.

Re the hands in JEAM, although the circular hand movements in the hollow of the hips is suggestive, I was thinking more of the positioning of her hands when they were resting on her body. There's nothing blatant (that would make the dance in very bad taste), but just a mildly naughty suggestiveness. You have to be thinking in terms of the lyrics' double-entendre to see the hint of masturbation, but even without that there's a subtle drawing of attention, along with the hip movements, that goes into making this an incredibly sexy dance. It's really quite well designed, because it does all this without being crude.
Well, after your post, I felt compelled to take on the onerous and thankless burden of scrutinizing a JEAM performance in painful detail to evaluate the veracity of your claim. I guess I could go either way on it, though I didn't really see it myself without your prompting. But maybe if I were a native French speaker, it would have stood out more?

Vaguely related to this, I noted on someone's Youtube comment to the original Madonna La Isla Bonita video that there were in fact some very suggestive motions in that video as well.

Also, I wanted to comment that there are a fair number of other songs that have female masturbation as their theme (of course the Divinyls' I Touch Myself, but also Britney Spears' Touch of my Hand, or Toni Braxton's You're Making Me High), so it's not like this interpretation would be ground-breakingly scandalous, right?