View Single Post
Old 12-19-2017, 02:33 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by eru777 View Post
Japanese manga and anime are popular in France, I think the manga consumption there is the largest in the world apart from Japan. The Japan expo which is hosted anually in Paris attests to that.

My guess is that Alizee read the manga when she was a kid/ teen and identified with it. If you haven't heard of "Dr. Slump", it's made by the same artist as Dragonball. It's basically a story about little girl android who is very strong and can take out anyone. Very funny, I totally recommend it if you like light-hearted anime.

But think about it, it's a small girl (Alizee is petite) who is very strong (she has achieved great success) and is innocent and fun to be around.
I'm solidly in middle age and didn't have anime around when I was at the age of the target audience. However, my son was totally immersed in anime when he was a teen, along with a few of his friends. He wanted to visit Japan more than any other country if he had the chance.

Anime, manga, cartoon characters, whatever, are pretty cold tattoos. A small flower tattoo in the right places can be sexy. Bugs Bunny, Tinkerbell, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs are ugly on the skin no matter where and what size. That picture I posted with her on the bed with the gecko - she has skin that is so perfect and soft. Why WHY? Just getting me upset thinking about it!