View Single Post
Old 07-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LL Cool B View Post
I hate to say this, but what if Alizee is just fine with her level of stardom. Maybe she has found the perfect balance in life. And our efforts, as noble as they are, would be in vein and contrary to her wishes.
Obviously no really knows what's rattling around her head. None of us are sitting down at the dinner table with her and chatting it up. But I think the question should be begged, Would any grassroots efforts to promote Alizee in the US be an exercise in futility?
One must also consider the wants and needs of her record company. They may have more to say about it than Alizée. They are the ones who more than likely make the decision as to whether or not they will promote and release her CD in any given market. Alizée probably has some input, but I expect she does not get the final say alone.

Concerts may be a different story and maybe more under her control. But either way, when you sign with someone, there are certain expectations and a surrendering of some control. Record companies exist to make money and I doubt if they are interested in working with artists that want to put limits on that. Having said that, I of course have no idea what her particular contract looks like.

If I had to guess, Alizée might be happy with limited or moderate success in the USA, but I don't think she wants to be the next craze sweeping the nation.